Welcome to Dyspraxia Foundation Youth Facebook group. In order for the Group to run smoothly we have a few ground rules that we need to be adhered to.
We aim for this Group to be a safe place to post, share and chat about your experiences and we will do our best to ensure conversations are appropriate. We are unable to monitor the Group 24/7 but please be assured that it is overseen regularly by Administrators of the Group and members of the Youth Focus Group and posts can be deleted or edited if they are felt inappropriate.
The current list of Dyspraxia Foundation Staff & Trustees whom oversee this group are:
Claire Cripps (Dyspraxia Foundation Youth Information Officer)
Matt Devonshire (Dyspraxia Foundation – Vice Chair)
Eleanor Howes (Dyspraxia Foundation Chief Executive)
If you feel that a post is inappropriate or offending please do contact us at [email protected]
The Dyspraxia Foundation actively promote the use of free discussion within this Group. Keeping comments, ideas,opinions etc in the open allows admins of the Group the ability to monitor and keep users safe.
We cannot stop anyone using personal messages/messenger but we strongly discourage the use of it. We also advise that you are only becoming ‘friends’ with people you know or have met.
We advise also that you do not disclose personal information to other members of the Group to initiate conversation, such as telephone numbers, address etc.
All members of the youth group are advised to stay safe online. There is information on the Dyspraxia Foundation Dedicated Youth website – https://www.dfyouth.org.uk – and online websites, including:
This Group is not a Crisis support service. We try to offer supportive information and can signpost on to other organisations that specialise in the topics that may be raised as appropriate.
If you require Crisis Support please see numbers of organisations below who are available 24/7 to help you.
Please be aware of the Dyspraxia Foundation helpline that is open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm or you can email if preferred. Details can be found at https://dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/helpline/ or call 01462 454986
• No spamming, (meaning no selling of products)
• Members need to be respectful toward one another at all times, i.e. respectful towards another members comments/thoughts/beliefs etc.
• If a member is seen to be disrespectful towards another member or is rude, aggressive or insensitive they will be removed from the group.
• No swearing or inappropriate language.
• Keep conversations visible and if you wish to engage in personal conversation with another member please ‘friend’ outside of group but STAY SAFE. (Please see youth website for our online safety section)
• If a member wishes to use the Group to support their further or higher education project it will first need approval from the Youth Information Officer.
Thank you all so much for taking time to read this and let’s continue to make this Group as successful as it is currently.
Claire Cripps, Youth Information Officer
– I have carefully read the above statements and agree to adhere to the community guidance for the closed Dyspraxia Foundation Youth Group on Facebook.